Powys Built Heritage
Powys Built Heritage

1&2 High Street

1&2 High Street before and after restoration

Built in 1877 and used originally as the Gwalia Hotel before the Hotel moved across the road. This prominent four storey brick building with slate roof and corner turret occupies an important corner site facing the Gwalia and ending the historic High Street has now successfully been restored to its former glory. Ground floor shops and upper floors that had been vacant for sometime are now as a result of the restoration works fully occupied.

Works carried out to the property included re-roofing, repairs of shop fronts, all timber windows & dormers; brickwork, re-instatement of cast iron rainwater goods and restoration works to the turret.

Case Study ...



The Manor, Lindens Walk

The Manor before and after restoration
Read more